CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 19, 2011

Are you Still in the Race?



And now, dear children, continue in him, so that when he appears we may be confident and unashamed before him at his coming.1John 2:28


Honduras 2011

Do you ever feel like giving up? Giving in?  Do you feel like this living for Jesus is really hard and you’ve wondered if it is worth it?

I have felt this way.  I’m not proud of it and I don’t go boasting about it, but there have been times during the years I’ve been living for him that situations have been tough! I have pulled the covers over my head and tried to block out the world!  I know I’m not the only one to do that!  You know why I know it, because I’ve talked to enough women and I know some that have done the same thing!

Honduras 2011

You know what keeps me getting out of that bed? I want to please Jesus! Yep……..it’s that simple. I want to be able to stand before the King of Kings and not be ashamed of how I lived for him!

Coffee rows in Honduras 2011

 You see my friend- he is coming back and we will have to give an account of what we did and didn’t do for him.  Have I stumbled? YES! But I get up and keep going; in Phillipians- Paul inspired by the Holy Spirit describes it as a race to keep running. The race is long and we run out of breath and sometimes we have to get up after we fall.  We keep going, knowing one day we will see our Savior face to face and that we can stand before him Confident in who we have been in him and Unashamed! Until that day let us encourage one another! Don’t give up! Don’t give in!  There are others who are going through this life and you are not alone!

0 comments:

Post a Comment